Monday 10 October 2011

Owl Puffs & felting gnome homes

Today was turkey leftover day and recover from too much turkey day! I got alot of knitting done!

Whipped this cute little Owl Puff up in no time at all.


He's the Owl Puff pattern by Jenna Krupar (aka RetroLemon on Ravelry). Only uses about 25 yards of yarn, a set of 12 mm safety eyes, some felt and a teensy bit or 'beak' yarn. Really fast, really easy, really cute!


Finished up the knitting on my 4 Gnome Homes and 2 Tiny Cauldrons (both patterns by Stephanie Dosen aka Tiny Owl Knits), and between a combo of hand and machine -- got them all felted. They're drying now. Tomorrow I need to pick up shirring elastic and then I can put all the finishing touches on.





I've also been working on a little hoodie for a friend's baby using the Kira's Hooded Vest pattern by Yumiko Sukarai and I have learned that I suck at seaming. Truly. Even after looking at videos online my attempts are atrocious. I'm going to ask for some help at Threads tomorrow afternoon when I go to knit for the afternoon.

Here's the yarn I'm using. It's superwash and supersoft merino wool.


1 comment:

  1. I knit two owl puffs too! Now I have a request for another one . . . I love this pattern too! I love that lavender yarn . . . so feminine and light
    love,
    Ariella
    www.glitterartfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete