Monday, 21 February 2011

Zombie Monsters

After my long and arduous quest for Lorna's Laces yarn in the Zombie BBQ colourway to make monsters out of .. I finally did manage to pick up 4 skeins of worsted weight and 6 in dk weight from Jimmy Beans Wool when the Green Organic line was on sale.

I made up a couple monsters using the Kat the Kitchen Monster from Rebecca Danger's new book.


Now, I’m not too sure if I like them much. They are very zombie-ish, as they were meant to be. Green and bloody and brainy and icky. I do much prefer the cute non-zombie kind of stuffies but I had the urge to make zombies this time.



I did have an idea to make a removeable brain on the little guy made from the DK weight.

Then I remembered a crocheted brain hat I'd seen in a magazine awhile ago.


(I really need to make myself a hat like this and wear it on a daily basis just for fun.)

I figured I could work up a mini version for this monster. I didn’t want the whole brain since only part of his brain was coming out as it was being eaten by the bigger zombie monster. duh.


The larger one, made of the worsted weight wool pooled really bad. I was pretty upset about it at first but it turned out well since it looks like his heart is bleeding a wound down his side. gross, eh.


Anyhow, I have a tons of Zombie BBQ yarn I’m not sure what to do with because I'm not too interested in making anything else out of it. Will probably send it away on swaps. I will, however, definately work with Lorna's Laces yarns again. It’s so super soft and nice to work with but I’m just not that grooving on the Zombie BBQ colour itself after all that. Give me reds and pinks and yellows, instead!
Ohh --- and the company whose yarn I made these out of ---- Lorna's Laces -- messaged me on Ravelry to ask if it was ok that they post my Zombie BBQ Monsters on their facebook tomorrow. I said yes, of course. Neat, eh!

Baldwin, a swap monster

The Dangercrafts group on Ravelry was having a surprise swap going awhile ago. This is the monster I made for my package which is on it's way to Isreal right now.

Made of Noro Kureyon. Pattern: Baldwin by Rebecca Danger, Dangercrafts, from the Big Book of Knitted Monsters.


Thursday, 10 February 2011

Mini Zombies


These little guys are about an inch tall. Here's a pic of them with a AA battery to give some perspective.

I love making the minis. I found a pattern for a mini pig and I think he will be next! I'm still working on my army of mini gnomes, and also my army of mini alligators. I see an epic battle in their future!

Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Tony Monster


Meet Tony.

He's made of super soft and smooshy Waltz Worsted Wool from DancingDog Dyeworks. The color is aptly named "A Monster of Many Colors". I love him. He's the perfect size to fit right in my hand.