Tuesday 18 October 2011

Gnome Homes & Felted Cauldrons

I did felt up those mini cauldrons last week as well as the gnome homes.

Here's a couple pics of the cauldrons. I love them! They will be perfect for my Tiny Owl Knits Xmas Swap. I'll fill them with chocolate and mini yarn skeins!



After felting, I also put the finishing touches on one of the gnome homes last Thursday since I wanted to give him away to one of the girls at knitting on Friday night. I did his face and beard according to the pattern but after a few hours of humming and hawwing over it... I found I just wasnt satisfied so I added alot more hair and am so happy with the way he turned out after that!

The first pic is the 'before modifications' shot and the other two are after.




I have 3 more of these guys in neutral colours to put the finishing touches on. They're for the swap also.

Then I had a brilliant idea. These are just so cute and adorable and really great for DPN holders or even pencil holders. I LOVE this pattern! They are highly customizable both size-wise AND theme. I already have a bunch of new plans for these in the shapes of sock monkey, giraffe, owl, bunny, bear, elephant, panda, and so many more animals Plus, MONSTERS!  They will be great for swaps of all kinds. I just need to find the time to get going on them but the hexipuffs keep sucking me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment