Saturday 8 October 2011

Hexi Puff check in, week 5 !

Week 5 = 61 hexi puffs!

Those ones with the safety pins on them are waiting for pictures to be duplicate stitched on them. I like to do that before I stuff 'em.





This week, my favourites are the sparkly ones made of yarn received in a swap, plus the fuzzy ones made of Rowan Kidsilk Haze and the rustic, textured ones made of Noro Silk Garden sock yarn.

I've recalculated the Puff-Math, also.

Pattern says I will need 384 Hexipuffs to make a 3x4 foot quilt but I'm thinking I'd like something in the range of 6x6 or 7x7 feet. I laid out my puffs and fit 30 into a 1 foot square. So, apparently after calculating the puff-math, I will need 1,470.

I think this will take me about 5 years to make!!

I joined the Tiny Owl Knits Xmas swap and plan on joining the Dangercrafts Xmas swap, plus I have a bunch of baby knitting and xmas knitting to do --- so Puffing will definately slow down for a bit, besides what I can do on coffee breaks at work.

2 comments:

  1. 5 years feels like an eternity!
    But then I realize I may have very old UFOs that are almost that old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh you know, I think I do too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete