Tuesday 25 October 2011

The Beehive! Hexipuff Storage

Look what I found while out shopping last night!

Behold! The Beehive!

 I think it should hold about 200 puffs. Since I'm not even at 100 yet it will take me awhile to fill it!

I finished up this little guy today. He's the Molly the Traveling Turtle pattern by Jenna Krupar (ravelry link). It was very easy, very fast and makes a very cute stuffie! I modified it to knit the head and feet 'toe up' from the ends to the point they join the body rather than the other way around. I cant wait to make a few more. This pattern is perfect for those last minute gifties.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Beehive storage! I planned on joining the hexipuff craze, bought the pattern now rethinking it.....not sure I want to commit to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really lucked out with that Beehive Jar.

    The blanket is a huge commitment. I almost wish I would have started out and made mine out of worsted wool -- would have gone so much faster! But, I do most of my puff-knitting on the go -- work coffee breaks, etc -- so it doesnt eat too much into my other knitting. I think I also just really like being part of the KAL! AND, it's a long term one I'll be part of it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete