Monday 15 August 2011

FOs: Baby Pullover & Blanket Squares

Rebecca Danger, the awesome lady who designs most of the monster patterns I knit from gave birth to a cutie-patootie son in March, so myself and a bunch of ladies who are in the Dangercrafts group on Ravelry decided to make her a few things. One of the girls in the group lives near Rebecca and delivered them all to her before baby Danger arrived.

My contribution was a baby owlet sweater. The pattern is by Kate Davies. I love it!

I've made a couple of these before but this time I bound off the neckline really loose after finding out that one of the others I made was just too small to fit over baby's head!

Rebecca was so surprised and happy with everything we sent her. She sent me a little note saying she loved the sweater.





Another of the group members had a gorgeous baby girl in August so the group again decided on a secret package for her too. We decided to make her a big blankie, using the Dream Catcher Baby Blanket pattern by Susan B. Anderson. We're going to up it to about 40-48 squares though. There's enough of us participating that we each only had to do about 3-4 squares each.

Mom loved her package, the blanket and all the other items we sent her. She was overwhelmed. Here's photos of my blankie squares and mom and baby with blankie.




Isn't she just the sweetest thing you've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment